As a single parent, I need to work a lot to provide for my adorable kids and as a travel agent I need to travel a lot. And of course I wanted to be with my kids most of the time, so I bring them along with me when I travel. Being with my kids is the best remedy for all the hard work and pain staking job demands. I love my kids but travelling with a toddler can be painful especially if you don’t have the proper bed in a hotel. Also my toddler is growing longer faster now and he is not fitting with his portable crib. So here, I am going to help you choose among the best toddler travel bed for you travel convenience
First let me show you the 3 different types of travel beds for toddlers. First on our list is the pop up sleep tent. This pop up tents are very easy to assemble and provides comfortable sleeping space. The downside of this one is that there is only a very thin padding in the center that is not as comfortable as the inflated type.
Second type of travel beds is the Foldable toddler bed. This type of travel bed are ideal for long drive travel or road trip and is just like the foldable chair. Its downside is that it is not ideal for air travel cause of its weight and it is a lot bulkier.
Third type is the most common which is the Inflatable toddler bed. This is just like the smaller version of the air mattress. It is very easy to pack and go. It also comes with either a hand pump or electronic. Most inflatable toddler bed comes with a free carry bag too.
So now that we have discovered the types of toddler travel bed, let us now discuss the best among the best of the Portable toddler travel beds
I have listed down some of the best Toddler Travel bed
- Pea Pod Plus Infant Travel Bed
- Very easy to assemble and has its own carry bag
- Preferably for kids 2 to 5 years old
- Pop up sleep tent
- Leachco BumpZZZ travel bed
- Sleeping pad is provided at the bottom of the tent but is thinner so it is not too comfortable
- A little more expensive than the rest in my list
- Perfect for sleepovers, camping and road trips
- Not recommended for travel because it is really big
- Comes with carry bag
- Soft foldable bed with side bumpers to guard kids from falling off
- Regalo My Cot Portable bed
- Less preferable for air travel due to size and heavy weight
- Comes with a carry bag and a fitted sheet
- Preferable during long road trips or camping
- Folds like folding chair
- Junior Ready Bed/ My 1st ready bed
- Comes with hand pump
- It has built in carry bag
- Very easy to remove and wash
- Cool, various prints or designs are available like Batman, Superman, Thor, Iron Man etc.
- Both beds provides a sleeping bag, and the pillow area is slightly elevated cause it is filled with air
- My 1st ready bed is made for small kids and it is designed to have lots of bumpers around its side to help the kids not to fall off the bed.
- Junior Ready bed is the same as the 1st ready bed but unlike the 1st Ready bed, there is not bumper along the sides.
- AeroBed Mattress for Kids
- The provided air pump can inflate it fast and can also be used to fully deflate it
- Comes with electric pump
- Includes a fitted sheet
- The edges are slightly raised to avoid kids from rolling off the bed
- Intex Kidz Travel Bed
- Sheets are in place cause you can tuck the sheets easily since the mattress is separate from the frame
- Raised frame sides all around
- Comes with hand pump
- Shrunks Travel bed
- The electric pump is provide
- To prevent your kids from slipping out of the bed, this travel bed raised its sides a little higher
- Can inflate in less than 5 mins
- Materials used are safe for the kids
About the author
Mary Johnson, is a travel blogger and a mother of 3 kids from New Jersey. Loves to travel and do camping.